Thursday, January 3, 2008

On the Camel's Back

Camels in the 21st century?
Not literally...

Funny thing about the header-picture above was that it came at the spur of the moment, and the designing process led to the picture as you see above. However it was only during the evening of the same day that it became meaningful to me.

You see... I left my full-time job in RGBC (after 3 years of an amazing journey of development and the privilege to serve), sensing God's leading to come out by faith into the uncertain world of freelancing. Hence, feeling a little like Abraham in the Bible, uncertain of where I'm going, yet confident in God's leading ("to the land He will show me").

Therefore, this is my JOURNEY INTO CANAAN.

Now what has this got to do with camels?
Well... in that moment with God, pondering on the journey ahead of me, this particular header-picture came to mind. And I was telling God my natural concerns... "the journey seems long and hot, an uncertain trudge along sand dunes..."

However, He turned the picture around for me. In that revelation, I realized that I wasn't the one trudging aimlessly around the sand dunes, hauling the camels behind me. I was the one seated on the camel and God was the one leading it on. I just have to trust Him and enjoy the journey cause my God knows where He is going. And in that vision, the sun was not scorching hot. Instead, it created a beautiful glow, like walking into the sunset, signifying that although circumstances may intend to burn down on me, I will not feel the heat but will instead see the beauty of the Lord.

So here I am now... on my journey... on the camel's back.
(don't ask me what the camel represents... I don't know yet :p)

1 comment:

Berylynn said...

awesome poh. hwo truly poh-found. NO. seriously! Thanks for the post. :)