Friday, January 25, 2008

The New Generation

Have you seen the Digi advertisement where everyone is gathered around the table for Chinese New Year reunion dinner only to have everyone talking on the phone instead of with each other? Well, it is not just an ad, apparently, it’s life.

A snapshot at a friend’s wedding dinner:

Everyone on table using handphones










‘nuff said.

Flashback:
We were seated in church listening to a talk. The preacher was using a PowerPoint presentation and one of the photos was a close-up picture of Michelangelo’s famed painting of The Creation of Adam on the Sistine Chapel, with fingers almost touching. (I sure hope you know what I’m talking about). Suddenly, a youth seated behind me exclaimed, “Eh! Nokia!” (in reference to the Nokia ad of hands almost touching)

Took me a few seconds to regain myself before I turned around to see whom it was. (But for the purpose of this story, no names shall be revealed.) I wonder if Michelangelo flipped in his grave. What is to be of this new generation?

1 comment:

Berylynn said...

MAN!!! All your blogs are soo FUNNY!

What a refreshing lunch time for me! Kudos to you my friend. Keep writing! :)