
I was reminded that "In the beginning, God created..." (Gen 1:1). Emphasis being God was present and He is the One who causes all things to happen. How little and powerless we are, yet in His abundant grace, He has included us to be a part of His amazing plan. I know we are a really small group right now, but I also know that God is a great big God, and He works in mighty ways.
In line with the humble beginnings, here's another one. Perhaps more appropriately entitled:
Disaster in the Kitchen!
So after a week of hunting for food in my house, I decided that I would attempt to cook my own lunch. [Rationale : It would be cheaper and I get to cook to my own taste.] Therefore, I made a trip to the market on Sunday morning with my parents to get all necessary ingredients for the week. Simple lunch meals, how hard could it be? Well... made my first attempt today. Steamed fish with salted fish kai lan upon white rice. Sounds like a simple enough recipe. However... there was a mini disaster. I attempted to cook the rice in the microwave. Now if you're wondering why I would do that instead of using the rice-cooker, it is because my mum does it all the time. It's faster it seems. Now, I must tell you that I've done this before, unfortunately, quite a long time ago and I have forgotten what the settings should be. I set it a "little" too high, smelled something burning, stopped the microwave and ended up with...

Burnt to the crisp.
To cut the long story short, I had to go buy white rice while the other dishes turned out fine. Nevertheless, a satisfying meal at the end.

I just need to remember to ask my mum about the settings before my second attempt... sigh...
3 comments:
Hi Sis PS,
LY here... if u want to cook simple dishes, u can check my blog http://ly82.blogspot.com/
Hope this will help u. :)
Regards,
LY
Hhhmmm... next time you're hungry, you can make 'rice crispies' to snack on! My next trip to Penang... you're cooking me lunch! So, better improve by then ya? =)
Sharon tried to make hard boil egg in the microwave. The thing exploded and the microwave door swung open wide. She had to clean up the mess. Hehe...amazingly the microwave still works after that incident.
Post a Comment